You can study abroad in London for a semester or an academic year. The program is available to all U.S. residents who have completed their first year of undergraduate or master’s study or are in the early stages of their Ph.D.
Study abroad in the U.K. and experience life on campus at a top London university. If you’re keen on learning at a college in the U.K., consider attending for a semester or academic year. For example, you can look at Imperial College London, ranked as quite possibly the best college on the planet and is known for its research-focused programs. You’re also encouraged to visit our friendly campus when looking around for schools to attend!
Another option is the University of Cambridge, founded by scholars who wanted their fellowships to be free from outside influence. The university has been educating students since 1209 A.D. It is one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and worth visiting if you have time before starting classes!
Top College in the UK
- Imperial College London
- King’s College London
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Manchester
- University of Warwick
- University of Bristol (in French: l’Université de Bristol), abbreviated as UoB or Bris. Uni is an independent university located in the city center of Bristol, United Kingdom. It was founded in 1876 as the North Avenue Higher Grade School and gained full university status as the University College for Women in 1921.
Quick Read: Requirements to Study in UK for International Students: UK Admission Process
Top Universities in the U.K.
Here are some of the best universities in the U.K. for studying abroad:
- Imperial College London is a world-class institution well-known for its excellence in engineering and medicine. Its staff includes many Nobel laureates, and its alums include 12 British prime ministers.
- The University of Cambridge is one of the oldest universities in Europe (founded in 1209). It has produced over 100 Nobel Prize winners and 52 current or former heads of state or government (including David Cameron and Hugh Grant).
- The University of Oxford is a renowned organization that’s been around since 1096! The university offers over 250 subjects to study at the undergraduate level—from classics to zoology—and is viewed as quite possibly of the best college in Europe by numerous reputable ranking systems is regarded as quite possibly of the best college in Europe Q.S. World University Rankings. There are also plenty of opportunities beyond your degree course, such as debating societies (The Oxford Union), choir concerts, etc.
Comprehensive on-campus program
The US-UK Fulbright Commission is a non-profit organization that provides grants and scholarships for students to study in the U.K. Open to all U.S. citizens who have completed their first year of undergraduate or master’s study or who are in the early stages of their Ph.D., this program is designed to inspire you to pursue academic excellence.
With the help of our knowledgeable advisers, you’ll gain access to exclusive resources such as:
- An interactive guide providing information on such issues as funding opportunities, visas, and insurance requirements;
- A library filled with books on how best to prepare yourself before you leave for your destination country;
- A support network where fellow scholars can share tips about living abroad and answer any questions regarding life overseas.
Quick Read: Best UK Universities for Indian Students: Masters in UK
The program is open to all U.S. citizens.
The program is available to all U.S. residents who have completed their first year of undergraduate or master’s study or are in the early stages of their Ph.D. Nonetheless, you should have the option to focus on the entire program length, which is ten months. The cost for UK-based students (including tuition and accommodation) is £12,000 annually; non-UK-based students will pay international fees at their home institution.
Students accepted into this program receive a stipend that covers travel costs, insurance, and health care during their time at Cambridge. In addition, you should have the option to subsidize your movement and living expenses while on an exchange; living costs in Cambridge can vary depending on where you choose to live but generally range between £10k-$15k per year, including rent/bills/food but excluding tuition fees (which will be paid only by those studying at Cambridge).
You can study in London for a semester or an academic year
The program is open to all U.S. citizens who have completed their first year of undergraduate or master’s study or are in the early stages of their Ph.D. You can study abroad in the U.K. for a semester or an academic year.
Hopefully, this article has inspired you to study abroad in the U.K. There are many different ways that it can be done, with varying types of education available depending on your needs and interests. It’s essential to do research before committing yourself so that you know what options are available in your chosen destination country – but once you’re there, make sure not to miss out on any opportunities for fun.
Read More: Exams Required to Study in the UK: PG Course in UK