The Masters program in UK is of the most well-liked courses among students from other countries. It helps them develop their skills and knowledge and allows them to work with the best professors from different countries worldwide.
In this article, we’ll present you with five collegiate institutions where you can earn a master’s degree in Britain: University of West England, Bristol; University of Kent; Loughborough University; University of Surrey; Lancaster University.
1. The University of the West of England, Bristol
One of the most critical institutions that International students should attend is the University of the West of England in Bristol. It was established in 1876 and is well known for its research and teaching. The university has over 29000 students from more than 150 different countries studying at it.
Quick Read: Post Graduate courses in UK for international students
The courses offered by this university are very diverse and cater to different specializations such as art & design, business studies, computing, education & training, engineering, etc. Those who want to study for an undergraduate degree can choose between BSc (Hons) or BA (Hons). Postgraduate degrees include MSc (by Research), MBA, and PG DipTchol.
2. University of Kent
The University of Kent is a public research university based in Kent, United Kingdom. It was established in 1965 and is known as a plate-glass university. The university has more than 20,000 students, including approximately 4,000 international students from over 120 countries worldwide.
3. Loughborough University
England’s East Midlands, specifically in the market town of Loughborough, Leicestershire, is Loughborough Institution, a public research university. The university was founded in 1894 as the Loughborough Technical Institute for the Office of Industrial Research and Development, and it acquired its present name in 1957.
Quick Read: Cheapest Universities in UK for Masters Degree
In 1959 it became part of the federal University of Technology and then part of its successor organization, the University of Warwick, on 1 August 2004.
4. University of Surrey
The English city of The University of Surrey is located in Guildford. It was founded as the Surrey Institute of Art & Design in 1882. The university has two campuses, one in Guildford and one in Kingston. The University of Surrey offers its international students many research opportunities, including:
- Space Research Centre (SRC)
- Centre for Energy Biosciences Research (CEBR)
- Institute for Transport Studies (ITS)
5. Lancaster University
In Lancaster, Lancashire, England, there is a public research university called Lancaster University. It has a student population of just over 27,000, including around 5,500 international students from more than 150 countries.
Quick Read: Top 5 Universities of UK to Complete Your Masters
Lancaster was ranked in the top 100 universities in the world by Good Universities Guide from The Times and Sunday Times 2016 (ranking 89th), the Complete University Guide 2018 (ranking 92nd), and the QS World University Rankings 2018 (ranking 111th).
The university saw its foundation as an institution dedicated to promoting Christian values in higher education when many English universities had become secular institutions during the 19th century.
Masters in the UK for international students
Master’s degree programs in the UK can be broadly grouped into three categories:
- Degree-level taught Master’s degrees (MA, MSc, and MRes) are a one or two-year full-time study course designed for graduates who have gained their first degree from a university within the last three years.
- Research-based Master’s degrees (MPhil and EngD) are typically taken by those who already hold a higher degree to gain experience in research skills and knowledge, which will help them in their careers. These courses require an application through UCAS via the postgraduate application service before being admitted onto the system and providing evidence of relevant work experience, giving you an advantage over other applicants who may not have had this opportunity beforehand but still want to study here at Cambridge anyway.
- Professional doctorates (Edds) are equivalent-level qualifications that enable professionals working with children or young people to develop their skills further through part-time study while work full-time.
As is evident, there are numerous possibilities for international students to study in UK. The best way to apply is by contacting the university directly and asking them about their admission requirements. Please contact us if you want more information on studying in the UK.
Read More: Universities for Masters in UK : PG Courses in UK